Once you have attended our workshop, you'll need to set up your business and obtain a license and bond. Here are our 20 Steps to Success:
OK, folks, here it is... Excelsior's road map to getting
your Freight Brokerage up and running...
1. Set up your Corporation or LLC using this link:
2. Next, get a Tax ID Number for your new company:
3. Then, apply for your Broker License by submitting our FMCSA OP-1
Questionnaire & BOC-3 Process Agent request form online:
4. Sign up for "License Watch" expedite service to get your license
faxed to you the day it is issued and get started 3-5 days sooner:
5. Next, contact Pacific Financial regarding complying with the
$10,000 bond/trust fund requirement by sending an email to:
[email protected] Scott will then call you.
6. Then, contact JD Factors by writing to
[email protected] to manage your cash flow. Robinn will
then call you.
7. Don't forget to do your UCR State broker registration:
8. Consider signing up for the Broker Assistance Plan ("BAP"). Then
you and I can work together on an ongoing basis to get-- and keep--
you on the right track!
9. Get your logo made up:
10. You're going to need business cards and stationery:
11. Need a website? Email [email protected] and we
will refer you.
12. To find spot market freight, sign up for Truckers' Edge:
13. Sign up for Transcore 3Sixty Express:
If you have questions, please email [email protected]
Bert will then call you. If Bert is unavailable, you'll be
contacted by his assistant "Ernie" (sorry, I just couldn't help myself).
14. Buy Hank Seaton's "Protecting Motor Carrier Interests in
Contracts" for the best Carrier Broker Contract templates:
15. Buy Entrepreneur Magazine's "Start Your Own Freight Brokerage
Business" how-to manual. Great resource guide:
16. To learn more about contigency cargo insurance traps, buy the
Bible of Transportation Law... the late Bill Augello's
"Transportation, Logistics & the Law":
17. Pre-order my book: "The Secret to Making Big Money in Trucking":
18. Use the manufacturer directory to find shippers near you:
19. Look for Government/Military Freight:
20. Join the new broker trade group AIPBA:
Here are some of my radio appearances and articles I have written that
may also help you:
Setting Freight Rates:
'Truckers' Right to Know' article for Women in Trucking:
Midnight Trucking Radio Network appearances:
James P. Lamb,
Freight Broker Training Instructor
Copyright 2010-2017 JPL Enterprises International, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Freight Broker School, Freight Broker Class, Online Freight Broker Training, Freight Broker Course, Transportation Broker, Freight Broker Agent, FreightBrokerTrainingClass.com, excelsior enterprises, dot authority, dotauthority.com, AIPBA, association of independent property brokers, surety bond, trust fund agreement, bmc 84, bmc 85, boc 3, license, authority, atlanta, dallas, houston, orlando, los angeles, las vegas, chicago, charlotte, fort lauderdale, philadelphia, instructor, Jeff Roach, truck, load, fmcsa, usdot, pfa, pacific financial