PO Box 1007 Commack Ny 11725
Property Broker License Application Process
1. File FMCSA Form OP-1 and request “property broker" license. Our application fee is $750. BOC-3 Process Agents for 50 states included. Note: if you want to be a third party intermediary in between consumers who are moving and movers, apply for "household goods broker" license.
2. You will be issued an MC Number and will receive a letter advising your “application has been reviewed and accepted”. You must now secure a $10,000 surety bond (Form BMC-84) or Trust Fund Agreement (Form BMC-85), process agents (Form BOC-3). Complete the Trustor Information Form to get a bond quote from PFAI.
3. Your application will be published in the FMCSA’s Daily Register. There will be a 10 business day ‘public notice and comment’ (waiting) period. Once you have complied with bonding and process agents and the waiting period is over, the FMCSA will mail you a broker license.
4. You may begin lawfully operating once you have your license in hand. To operate 3-5 days sooner than waiting for license in mail, choose optional ‘License Watch’ service to have your license faxed to you on the day issued ($100 fee).
5. You must now register your broker license with the Unified Carrier Registration (“UCR”) system. This is an annual registration. You may do this online through us (click here)
Click below to download the Freight Broker License Application Questionnaire:
Copyright 2010-2017 JPL Enterprises International, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Freight Broker School, Freight Broker Class, Online Freight Broker Training, Freight Broker Course, Transportation Broker, Freight Broker Agent, FreightBrokerTrainingClass.com, excelsior enterprises, dot authority, dotauthority.com, AIPBA, association of independent property brokers, surety bond, trust fund agreement, bmc 84, bmc 85, boc 3, license, authority, atlanta, dallas, houston, orlando, los angeles, las vegas, chicago, charlotte, fort lauderdale, philadelphia, instructor, Jeff Roach, truck, load, fmcsa, usdot, pfa, pacific financial